Barcode for picking/assigning stock to represent the product & batch number (then have Breww auto-assign)

Thanks, Tom. Our recommended approach would be:

• Pre-print labels with reserved NR numbers from the planned packaging
  • Scan these labels when actually packaging
  • Use the picking system to pick stock, and scan the specific NR numbers when picking

From what you’ve said, I think you want to use scanning when picking (to ensure the right stock is assigned, rather than Breww’s auto-assigned stock). However, you don’t want to scan labels when packaging (and want to use pre-printed labels with barcodes).

If I’ve misunderstood, please let me know, but assuming that’s correct, that’s not really going to work (with how Breww works currently, at least). If you want Breww to understand the barcodes when picking, you’ll need to also scan them when packaging. Step 1 (scanning at packaging) needs to happen for Breww to know which labels have been used and understand them at step 2 (picking for deliveries). It’s a case of either scanning at both steps, or at neither step, to be honest, but just wanting to scan at step 2 leaves a gap in the data.

As you mentioned, a feature request for generating barcodes on labels that reference just the batch and product, then letting Breww auto-assign an NR that fits these criteria does sound like a good suggestion and would mean that you could just scan at step 2 and have pretty good traceability :+1: When picking, this could also use the location that you’re currently at, but if used from other methods, Breww wouldn’t know the location so would have to choose one (at random) if the same batch/product was in multiple locations and this may lead to discrepancies, but as long as these were always used during the mobile app picking process, this wouldn’t be a problem.

If this sounds like a good plan to you, I can convert this thread into a feature request?