Barcode generation for pre-printed packaging labels

Would it be possible to have brew generate pre-packaging labels (for instance for boxes) with a custom product barcode? For instance, depending on where our products are shipped to, the barcodes of the product may differ. Before packaging into boxes, it would very convenient to be able to generate box labels with the proper barcode for the proper distributor/market. This would also override the ‘product code’ value that the current barcode defaults to. The current method would require us to have duplicate multi-pack products (1 for each market/product code, even if they are identical), and to complete a packaging run before generating and applying the labels - a challenge if a pallet is already built.

Ben

Hi Ben,

That makes sense, I’ll discuss with the team how best to solve this for you. I’ll keep you updated here.

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Ben,

Good news, we’ve now added the ability to enter a product barcode. This can be done when adding a new product, or by editing an existing product. You can set whether you want this to show on each label in Settings > Label settings.
We’ve also added the ability to override the product barcode when printing labels pre-packaging.

I hope this is helpful!

Cheers,
Matt