Automatic fermentation monitoring

Breww already has an integration with the Tilt Hydrometer but we’d love to explore other options. Our Tilt integration allows for readings of both temperature and gravity to be recorded every 15 minutes directly to a batch of beer. Breww customers can find out more about our Breww Tilt Connection feature here.

We appreciate that the Tilt is not really suitable for our many of customers and certainly not compatible in all situations. For example, it uses Bluetooth to communicate with our Breww Tilt Connect device and the range on the Bluetooth protocol is quite short. The Tilt can also be “thrown off” by vigorous fermentations (although we have some outlier detection and averaging of many readings per 15-minute period, to try to reduce the effects of this). We’re fully committed to continuing to support the Tilt and other monitoring products going forward.

We’re looking to see what other devices you have installed in your brewery already that you think we could tap into. We’ve also found the Plaato Industrial (which is still in development/trials) but looks like it will be an excellent product. Edit: It’s now available and is called the Plaato Pro.

Here’s an example of a graph produced by our Breww Tilt Connect product which really shows the power of automatic monitoring.

We also plan to add support for alerting you (via email, SMS, etc) if the temperature or gravity moves out of an acceptable range so you don’t even need to manually keep an eye on your fermentations from home (which of course you can do easily with Breww - as it’s fully web-based).

Please reply below with your thoughts and ideas and if you like the sound of this, hit the “Vote” button to the top right.

We’ve had an enquiry about an integration with TankNET by Acrolon. Is anyone else using this product or considering it? If so, please let us know here!

Hi all,
We are looking for an automatic fermentation monitoring but we would like to have some feedback.
Could you give us your feedback using them on stainless steel vessel?
Thanks

We did complete the build of our integration with TankNET (mentioned above), but as I understand it, the setup costs of the system can be significant. They also need to enable API access, which I believe they charged extra for with our other customer who is using this, however the system does appear to be rock-solid and working well. They are US based, this may be worth reviewing.

In July this year, we had a call with the team at Plaato about integrating their Plaato Pro product.

We’ve never had the pleasure of using it, but from what we’ve seen, it does look like it’s an excellent product. When we spoke to them in July, they were working on their public API, which would allow us to pull fermentation readings into Breww. I’ve messaged our contact today to ask how they’re getting on with their API. I believe they were expecting this to be ready by the end of this year.

Having never used any of these products ourselves (other than the Tilt in our own homebrew), it’s hard for us to give you a recommendation as such, but maybe others in the community can… however, I would suggest speaking to the Plaato team and seeing if that looks like a good fit as we certainly expect to build an integration when their API is ready (and we have demand from our own customers).

We do have a tap in our Breww office (as all beer-tech companies should have :beers:), for the team’s homebrews & the occasional keg from our customers, and we have the Plaato keg monitor system on our kegs here, and we think it’s excellent. Whether this means their fermentation monitoring is as well done, is hard to say, but personally, I think they’ll have done a great job of it from everything we’ve seen from the company.

If you find any other products which you like the look of, we’d be happy to look at whether an integration would be possible.

I hope this helps!

We’ve spoken to Plaato a number of times over the last year and again this week at BeerX 2022… the great news is that their API is now ready for initial testing. We’re hoping to get to work on this before long, so if anyone else would like this, please let us know :grin:

I’ve just ordered 4 Plaato Pro units for our new brewing kit, I will let you know how we get on/

This is great news, I can confirm that our integration is close to completion, so we should have this ready for you before too long :+1:

:tada: We’re delighted to announce that our Plaato Pro integration has completed beta testing and is now ready for use by anyone with a Plaato Pro device… and what makes this even better is that this is available on all Breww price plans for no extra charge!

I’m going to close this thread now as any other fermentation monitoring integrations are best to have their own individual threads, such as Brew Monitor (Precision Fermentation) Integration

Thanks, everyone!

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.