Add "Yeast cell count" fermentation reading type

Hi guys

We’re getting ready to start yeast propagation and cropping later in the year and are starting by adding yeast counts into our fermentation readings and packaging approvals. Was there a way we could add custom fermentation readings in the production settings tab or at least get ‘yeast count’ added as an option. We have yeast count targets to reach prior to packaging our cask beer for secondary fermentation and our keg/can products for shelf life. It doesn’t look as if I can do this via the ‘cell counts & viability’ tab in the yeast management feature but do let me know if I’m wrong.

Thanks

Hi Jack! There’s no way to add custom fermentation readings, but we can certainly look at adding a “Yeast cell count” option to the readings and linking them to the yeast batch (if you have added/used any in that beer batch). That would then allow you to set targets against it on your packaging approvals too. Is it the live cell count you’re looking to record, or is it the total cell count?

Thanks Max

That would be great to get added thanks, do I need to create a separate feature request?

For packaging approvals, we only need to log total cell count but having the option of live cell count might be useful for cask packaging approvals since live cells are obviously needed for cask conditioning.

Thanks

1 Like

Perfect, this sounds like a great addition. I’ve moved this to the feature request section to save typing it out again!

If you can give this a vote, that will move it up the list :tada:

1 Like

Adding yeast count would be a really useful feature for us.

1 Like

Great news! We’ve added some extra options to the fermentation readings! You’ll need to go to your Production settings to turn on ‘Cell count’, as it won’t be shown by default.
We added this from a different, related feature request, so it isn’t currently linked to the yeast batch or a packaging approval. We can keep this feature request open for those extras if they’re needed, or close it if just being able to record a cell count is all that is needed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.