Xero integration and depletion of inventory items

Hi,

anyone able to shed any light on how we can manage the depletion of inventory units in production, and sending the used item details (and therefore associated costs) over to Xero. Ideally so we can get a more complete picture on COGS in our accountancy software based on when the inventory is used, rather than just when it is purchased. currently Xero is being told when we are receiving items of stock into inventory, but has no record back to tell it those items are either now being consumed in the production of wort, or packaged into saleable units.

Thanks,
Mike

1 Like

I’d like to see this too. See my post Inventory receipts and suppliers now sync to your accountancy provider - #2 by erik-geupel.

Thanks Mike.

At the moment Breww doesn’t increase the quantity of stock of items when an inventory receipt is uploaded to Xero. We’d recommend linking this to an “Expense” account instead of an “Asset” account as then there is no need for depletion (for things to “balance” at least).

We’re happy to consider adding support for syncing inventory levels to Xero in the future, but it’s not going to a done in the short-medium term, I’m afraid. Keeping this sort of information in sync between two platforms is very complex and error-prone. We’d highly recommend getting COGS reporting from Breww where the data is always correct and cannot become out-of-sync.

If you can’t get the COGS data you need from Breww currently, could you give us some insight into why and we’ll happily look at making updates to the reporting available? Cheers.