Why are my dates not formatted correctly for my locale?

Hi guys, we’re in Australia and in many of the pages the date format is DD/MM/YYYY but in many others, sometimes even on the same page it can also have MM/DD/YYYY. Is there a hard default I can set it to always be DD/MM/YYYY.

Cheers,
Drew

Hi Drew,
I’ve checked your account settings, and it looks like your brewery’s date/number formatting setting was set to the US (this was probably accidentally selected on sign-up). We’ve changed this for you now.
Some dates are formatted based upon your browser settings, which is why some dates were showing correctly and some weren’t - it depends on where the date was on the page.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

In case anyone else finds this in the future and is having the same problem, you can now change your timezone and date/number formatting settings yourself. Just head to SettingsBusiness & account settings.

Thanks for this Matt.

Further to this, we have found when creating an order/invoice in Breww and dating it the current days date (let’s say the 14th Nov), we then open the invoice in Xero and it is 1 day earlier (13th Nov).

The same goes for the batch schedule. I will say we brewed on the 14th Nov, but on the brew date and calendar it shows as brewed on the 13th Nov.

Does this still have something to do with our browser settings? We use Chrome.

Cheers,
Drew

Thanks for the message, Drew and I’m sorry you’ve had an issue here.

Could you please open a support ticket about this and let us know an example order/invoice number so that we can look at a specific example of the problem and ensure this is resolved for you? Thank you.

1 Like