Week begins on a Monday

We’ve got a misalignment between our monthly figures in Xero and Breww, i’m wondering if it might be in a setting somewhere.

I can’t for the life of me find out if there is a setting in Breww that defines which day the week begins on, and how Breww is calculating which weeks fall in which month etc.

Can someone shed any light on this?

Thanks for the question, Alex - it’s a good one!

This isn’t a setting that you can choose currently, but Breww should be using Monday as the start of a week. As you’ve eluded to, there are many different schools of thought on determining which week of the year a date falls into - with the most common scenarios being:

Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 11.19.47

Breww should be using the following rules in all reports:

• 1st day of the week is Monday
  • Week 1 is the 1st week with more than 3 days this year
  • Range of week numbers is 1 - 53

Given the complexity here, if you think anywhere isn’t giving you the numbers that you’re expecting because the wrong week rules are being used, please do let us know where and we can investigate.

I’m afraid, I don’t know how Xero does it. You might do best to try and isolate if there is a problem with the numbers by using specific date ranges in both Breww and Xero (rather than picking weeks) as this should allow you to confirm if Xero and Breww are on the same page (or not), and rule out the confusion over week numbers.