Breww to periodically sync stock valuation journal entries to accounting platforms (e.g. Xero)

Thanks, everyone. It would be useful to hear why our current suggestion of using Breww’s monthly Stock Valuation reports to let Xero/others know the value of your current assets (stock of stock items and packaged beer) isn’t working for the people who have voted for this?

I agree, unless you track their value in Xero by keeping an asset account in sync with Breww’s stock valuations. Or am I missing something here?

In Breww’s valuation, if an ingredient is added to an in-progress batch of beer this doesn’t change the valuation. The ingredient hasn’t suddenly become worthless (even though it’s no longer in its original form) and it’s also not really worth more than it was before (you can make it so with a “WIP value”). Once the beer is packaged, it will almost certainly become more valuable than the sum of its components as it’s now a finished good.

For Breww to track every single movement of every item through to Xero/others, is massively error-prone (e.g. you use an ingredient on a batch and then realise you didn’t and undo it - there are so, so, so many scenarios to get right)… but to tell Xero once per day/week/month “this is the value of my current assets” by using Breww’s stock valuation feature would remove all the risk of keeping huge numbers of movements in sync between two platforms and still mean that Xero has an accurate understanding of your stock value.

I appreciate this is currently a manual process, so should the feature request instead be for Breww to automatically sync this asset value figure to Xero/others?

It’s possible that I’ve misunderstood something, and I’m not an accountant, but I must admit that I don’t feel that this suggestion as-is is the right solution to the problem. And I feel the solution is to simply use Breww’s Stock Valuations. If you disagree, please do let me know why as we’re looking to build the best possible platform and I’m happy to admit that I’m mistaken :smile: Thank you :pray: