Syncing customers & contacts to Mailchimp

Hi Luke,

Thanks yes indeed - still another question. Does Breww sync up addresses? The Address field in mailchimp has no data. I tried to put in CITY put that also is not populated with data

Mailchimp has a special field type for addresses. If you create a field named ADDRESS and set this to an address field, Breww will sync the address to here and you can get the city from the ā€œsub-fieldā€ of the address field. Itā€™s the delivery address thatā€™s synced, and again this is usually a default field, I believe :+1:

Hi @luke Iā€™ve just got another question on this integration. I love the idea of the dynamic customer lists but if we want to use a few, then weā€™ll need to have multiple audiences within Mailchimp which starts to add to the subscription costs, as well as duplicating customers across multiple audiences. Is there feasibility for there to be a dynamic tags function within Breww? I.e. if a customer hadnā€™t ordered in over 2 months, a tag would be applied against the customer and/or contact, rather than or as well as using the dynamic customer list function currently available. This would then be applied as a tag within Mailchimp and allow us to use one audience that Breww would update in the daily sync. If this is feasible, Iā€™ll get a feature request in. Thanks

Hi @jack-tavare, thanks for the suggestion. To be honest, dynamically adding tags will be quite complicated as the tags are stored against the customers. However, it might be possible for us to sync the name of all customer lists that a customer is on into the data pushed to Mailchimp, a bit like if there was a ā€œtagā€ with the customer list name. I canā€™t say for sure right now how easy or difficult this would be to do, but by all means, open a feature request for this and weā€™ll see what can be done :+1:

Thanks Luke, that sounds like a better suggestion than what I was thinking. Basically youā€™re saying that an extra field could be synced to Mailchimp which would include what customer lists they were subscribed to?

Yes, Jack, thatā€™s what Iā€™m thinking. Iā€™ve posted this as a feature request - if you (and anyone else) would like to vote for it:

Cheers

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tags & Mailchimp