Stock Valuations

Hi

I am quite new to Breww so please forgive if this has been asked before. Is there anyway when running stock reports that they also include the current valuation of each stock item. If not could a column be added to give the unit price of each stock/product item so that all can be exported and calculations could be made separately.

Thanks

Hi Rodger,

Thanks for the question.
You could use the Stock Valuation report, which is found in Reporting > Pre-built Production & inventory reports (tab) > Stock valuation. Does this work for you?

Cheers,
Matt

Hi guys. Is there any reason this report used the ‘landed cost’ value of a stock item rather than the ‘expected cost’?

Or is there a way to switch which cost is used to generate the report. Adding a ‘landed value’ each time to items that are contracted does seem to be quite laborious.

Thanks
Alex

Thanks, yes, this stock valuation is intended to be accurate for your accounts and so for this reason uses the landed cost. The landed cost is made up of the cost of the item from your supplier and any other associated costs (such as delivery charges). If just the cost of the item was used (and delivery charges were forgotten), receiving a delivery of ingredients would make it look like you’d made a loss from an accounting point of view, despite still having the stock.

If you set your suppliers up for the stock items, with their cost, and then use Inventory receipts to bring your stock into Breww, then the landing price will be pre-filled for you each time. If you’re using the “Add quantity” button on a stock item, then you need to manually enter the price, but this is only intended to be used for occasional manual adjustments, not as part of the normal goods-in process. We have a guide on how to manage your stock item inventory which should make life a little easier for you here

Cheers

Hi Matt

Yes that did help, with could you let me know if when running product valuation are additional the batch costs included in the total valuation. I can see the ingredient costs, WIP costs, packaging and additional costs are all included. But no mention if additional batch costs are included such as utilities and labour.

Thanks

1 Like

Great! Yes, the costs you enter in the ‘Utility/other costs’ tab on a batch are included in the valuation. The costs are divided up between whichever section (ingredients/packaging) they best fit with based on the batch action the costs are assigned to.

1 Like

Hi Matt

You may have misunderstood, I’m looking to see whether the additional batch costs are included in stock valuation and of so where. If they are included in the ingredient costs it would very useful to have them shown separately.

Thanks
Rodger

Hi Rodger,

Are you referring to the costs you enter as in the screenshot below?

If so, when you enter costs here, you’ll assign them to an action on the batch. If the action is related to packagings, such as a racking or 3rd party packaging, then the costs will be included with the ‘Packaging’ costs on the valuation, otherwise, the costs are included under the ‘Ingredients’.

I do agree with you though, it may be more helpful to have a separate column for costs that don’t fit perfectly into either the packaging or ingredient sections. If you’d like this, it may be worth making a separate feature request for just this, as I’m sure other breweries would find this useful and can vote for the feature to increase its priority for us.