Returning Items from an order

Hi,

I have had to return a case from a customers order that was delivered last week.

I have used the ‘return items’ button on the delivery, and believe these are now back into my stock.

however is there anyway to reflect this on the delivery screen, and the order screen? It was an un-paid invoice, and it now needs to reflect the fact that this case was returned.

What’s the best way to do this?

Hi Rob
The only way I’ve found to do this is to create a credit note and apply this as payment against the original invoice.
Dom

3 Likes

Hi all,

Dom is spot-on here regarding using a credit note to cancel the value difference caused by the returned item. You’ll just need to raise a credit note for its value and then apply it to the invoice.

In terms of seeing what has been returned, you should be able to see it on the delivery screen by clicking the green “+” icon next to an item assignment. That will display more details about the assignment, including if and how many have been returned.

Cheers,
Max

Thanks both.

Have raised the credit note to the customer, but cant’ seem to allocate it to this invoice. When I try, I can’t find any invoices.

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Ah, it should show a dropdown of all invoices that still have an amount due on them that are for the same customer as the credit note. Does the invoice you are looking to assign it to have an amount due remaining on it?

Thanks,
Max