Reducing Inventory Stock manually

Is there a way of reducing the stock of an inventory item without using it in a product? I can see how to add stock, but not how to reduce it. Thanks

Hi Joe - sure no problem! If you go to the “Batches” tab on the stock item’s page, there should be an edit icon next to each batch / location combo (see attached). Clicking that will bring up and edit form where you can change the quantity.

Hope that helps!

Hi Max,

I was just looking to reduce stock on a Stock Item due to having had stock destroyed on our site and it seems odd to have to adjust the Original receipt inventory rather than record the stock adjustment. Is this correct?
Thanks,
Alice

Hi Alice - in the case of stock of a stock item being destroyed or lost, I wouldn’t recommend reducing the original inventory receipt’s quantity. Instead, I’d update the stock by going to Stock items → Click through to the relevant stock item → Scroll down to the Stock tab → Click the Edit quantity and details button next to the batch/location combo that was destroyed, and update the quantity by the amount the was destroyed. That will then record the change as a stock adjustment in the logs of the stock item.

The ability to update the inventory receipt’s quantity is best used only to correct where the original quantity entered was wrong :slight_smile:

Would be very help to be able to add a reason when reducing stock

1 Like

Hi Thomas, thanks for your comment! We do have an open feature request for the Ability to include a reason when making a stock adjustment to a stock item . If you would like to see this added to Breww, it would be great if you could add your vote to this, alongside any additional comments! Cheers!