This article describes how to return stock if you originally sold the stock before you used Breww. We have an alternative guide for stock that was sold via Breww at How to return delivered items back to stock.
If you have resaleable products returned that were sold before switching to Breww, you won’t have a record of this stock/sale in Breww. In this case, you’ll need to follow a few steps to get it ready to sell again.
Step 1: Adding the stock as available
As the stock has never been sold in Breww, you cannot return it from its delivery. Instead, you will need to create a stock adjustment to add the product into stock. All packaged beer stock in Breww needs to be linked to a batch of beer, so the best way to add the available stock depends on if the beer batch already exists in Breww.
If the beer batch already exists within Breww
To add the returned product into stock by a stock adjustment. Use the following steps:
- Navigate to Products
- Select the product you are receiving back into stock.
- Select Actions at the top right and select Stock adjustment
- Select increase stock.
- Enter the batch to allocate the stock to, either the tracked container it is in or the number of non-returnable containers, the expiry, and record a reason for the stock adjustment.
If the beer batch doesn’t yet exist in Breww
If the beer batch does not yet exist in Breww you will need to use our initial packaged beer stock importer to add the stock and create the batch. The importer can be accessed via Settings → Data imports & updates → Initial packaged beer stock.
This importer allows you to specify the product, the quantity and which batch number the stock is from. If the stock is in a tracked cask/keg, you can also specify its code. Products in non-returnable containers can be imported here by leaving the container code section blank.
Step 2: Ensure Breww knows beer duty has already been paid
As the stock was sold before switching to Breww, you will likely have already paid duty on it, but stock newly added to Breww is considered in suspense, so here’s how to correct the duty:
You will need to move the “returned stock” to a non-bonded location. This will make the item leave suspense and become duty paid, as well as adding the duty to your duty return. If you haven’t got a non-bonded location set up, you can do this in Settings → Sites & locations. Then follow these steps:
- Head to the returned item’s product page.
- Go to the Locations tab.
- Click the “Edit location” button.
- Select the container or quantity of products you want to move.
- Select the non-bonded location from the “Location to move to” field.
- Click Move products to location.
Add a duty adjustment to your current duty return to account for the returned stock. Use the following steps:
- Navigate to the Beer duty section of Breww.
- Select the current duty return.
- Click Adjustment.
- Enter the duty amount that you need to adjust. This should be a negative number to reduce the value of your return.
- Select a reason, such as “Duty adjustment for stock returned from order X (pre Breww).”
- Click Add adjustment.
You can now move the stock back to the location that you’d like it stored in. If it is sent out on a new order, Breww will already know it is duty paid and will not add it to your return again. If, for any reason, the stock is lost or spoiled, Breww will reclaim the duty for you.