Racking issue when there are not enough inventory items in stock for the container

Hi,

I have noticed that when you rack a beer into containers. If there are not enough containers on site to do this the racking is still created with the number you have created but only the number left in stock is added to the batch.

e.g. I rack off 40 kegs but I only have 20 in stock. Breww will create 40 kegs but only add 20 to the batch throwing out the packaging costs. Is there any way to have it flag up it up clearly if you don’t have enough?

Agreed, we’ve ran into the same issue before - you can see the number of inventory items that are going to be consumed on one of the racking steps, but it can be easily missed if the quantities aren’t correct.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We’ve urgently implemented a solution here to warn you when racking that we were unable to pre-fill the form with all that would be required.

This will show for all 3 web-based racking processes:

• Racking from a batch
  • Receiving from off-site packaging
  • Racking from existing containers to other containers

The mobile app already had a similar warning:

I hope this is helpful :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks Luke for the really quick fix. Appreciated!

1 Like

Nice one, I will check it out tomorrow!

1 Like

We’ve just hit this same problem.
Could there be an option to stop you racking the kegs if the kegs aren’t in stock please?

1 Like

There’s already the warning shown (as above), but if you’re looking for an option to prevent the racking entirely, I’m sure this can be looked at. Could you put this forward in the Ideas & feature requests section, so we can keep track of it through to implementation? Thanks.

I’ve looked in the feature requests for this and I can’t see anything. We’ve just come across a similar issue when we were looking at label stock. If nobody else has created the feature request I’d be happy to set it up, I imagine it will affect the cost recorded for the relevant batch if there was no stock to be consumed?

Thanks, Helen. I think this is the right feature request to vote for: Stop containers being racked if stock item components are not in stock

Yes, only the value of the stock actually consumed will go into the costings.

1 Like