Personalise email origin address (send emails from your own email addresses)

Hello,
We are just setting up our invoicing and email settings. Currently invoices show as having been delivered from [email protected]. I would like the invoice to show up as being sent from my own brewery accounts@the… email address and therefore the thumbnail will be our logo etc. I can’t find how to do this if you can help.
Thanks,

1 Like

Hi Barry,

Thanks for getting in touch. This isn’t possible at the moment but I can see how this would be a benefit so we will discuss this soon and I will add it to our list of feature requests.

Let me know if you need anything else,

Cheers,

Joe

This would be extremely useful. Do you know if this is in the pipeline to be able to verify our own domains please?

Hi
Can I just push this out again as we are having real issues with emails (especially purchase orders and invoices) going to junk as they come from no-reply@breww rather than the brewery email address which our customers and suppliers have saved. Is this on the list to be resolved so that it can send from a brewery email address rather than the breww one?
Thanks
John

1 Like

Hi John, yes, don’t worry this is on the list. It’s quite a complex task however and with just two votes so far, the benefit to time & complexity ratio isn’t great, to be honest. There are almost 400 other tasks on the list too and many with more votes than this.

We’re working hard all the time to improve Breww and use the number of votes that an idea has as one of the major factors in prioritising what to do next, so if anyone would like to see this who hasn’t voted yet, please vote for this with the button in the top-left!

Following from John’s other thread we are keen to do this as we know how much better this would be for you.

Would everyone wanting this be comfortable with adding two DNS records to their domain to enable this functionality? This would make it much easier for us to implement and ensure reliable email delivery. This is something that can be done in your email domain’s DNS settings (which is typically the domain registry that you have used). One would be a DKIM TXT record, and the other would be a Return-Path CNAME record. Most DNS providers make this functionality easy. Breww would explain in the setup process what exactly needs to be added and be able to verify if it has been done correctly.

If this is something that people looking for this feature would be able to implement, this should really help us on the implementation side.

I’ll check with the people that look after that for us but I’m sure if its something thats easy to do we would be happy to in order to get this functionality
thanks

1 Like

I don’t see this being a problem - thinking this is what we had to do when setting up email marketing to allow us to send from our domain?

1 Like

Changing DNS record is no problem here.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, this is good to know!

Yes, good point, you probably had to do the same then :+1: We’ll see what we can do :smile:

1 Like

Hiya team,
Please can I ask a timeframe for this DNS solution, we’ve already fallen foul of this noreply/3rd party e-mail sender issue as several order e-mails for some reason haven’t been received and we cannot check if its been sent or monitor linked replies etc. No ingredient = no beer.
Cheers

I’m afraid we don’t have a date available for this yet, but don’t worry, it’s something that we know is important and have categorised it accordingly internally (despite the relatively few votes).

Regarding any potentially not-delivered emails, we can check our records as sometimes they can help find the problem. If you open a support ticket and let us know details of the “missing” email (e.g. order number, email address/date, etc), we can see what we can see from our side.

Hey Luke i have made a new request about this so worth merging them

1 Like

we are just getting set up. This will be an issue for us so keen to get a solution

2 Likes

Hi
Just another vote here to say that this will be necessary for us too
Cheers

1 Like

Hi @luke just wondering if this has moved up the list at all? We are keen to move to completely paperless but realistically can not do that without this working or customers will just have their delivery notes lost in their spam folders.

1 Like

Yes, this is in the latter stages of the build at the moment. Assuming there are no unexpected hiccups, we expect this will be over the line in the next few weeks :+1:

2 Likes

Exciting news, everyone… this project is now live! :tada:

Here’s a short guide on how to set this up:

We hope this proves useful, and please let us know if you have any questions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.