Invoicing & purchasing in multiple different currencies, not just account's main currency

We have started brewing in Europe (contracting certain batches) and are selling this directly to EU countries in Euros. Is there a way I can invoice certain customers in Euros? The vast majority of our sales are still in GBP as our main operation is based in the UK, but our export is conducted in Euros.

Thanks for the question, Dan. It’s not possible currently to use more than one currency on a single Breww account, I’m afraid. This would be a great improvement and we’d love to add support for this in the future, so I’ve moved this to our feature request area, so we can track this through to implementation for you :+1:

(Breww can handle accounts in many currencies, including Euros, but all transactions must be in the same “base currency” at the moment.)

If anyone else would find this, useful, please give this a vote using the button in the top-left.

In the meantime, I’d suggest processing these invoices in Breww using the GBP amounts (all sales will need a GBP value too for reporting VAT to HMRC). You can prevent the emailing of invoices to these customers (so they never see the GBP invoice) by updating the option shown below when editing the customer.

Screenshot 2022-07-27 at 16.03.48

You should be able to generate a EUR invoice through your accounting software (or in a word processing package) to give to your customer.

I hope this works for you until we have full support for multi-currency in Breww, but please do let me know if you have any questions. Alternatively, if there is no shared stock, etc between the two, you could have two Breww accounts, one in GBP and one in EUR. It’s possible for your team members to have access to both on a single login and easily switch which account they’re using.

I second this, we have started taking SEPA payments and this needs to be in EUR. Currently I have to log into the our accounting software and manually change all the prices to euros. Then when the payment comes in it doesn’t exactly match the invoice in Breww due to exchange rates so have to create credit notes to offset it.

1 Like

This would be very useful for us too. We are a Bulgarian brewery and would love to be able to send invoices and price lists using EUR.

1 Like

Thanks @gantcho-kojuharov. Can you please give this a vote using the button in the top-left as this will help us to prioritise this :+1:

A post was split to a new topic: Expose stock availability data via the API