Input BBE (best before/expiry date) at confirm racking stage

We often have to change the bbe for rackings on a case by case basis.

At the point of racking it would be great if we could specify the best before of this stock, so that at the next stage when it allows us to print the labels we have the required bbe and we don’t then have to go into the finished stock, update it there, and then print.

Cheers

3 Likes

This would be helpful, particularly when we have small pack labels with pre-printed dates on them

1 Like

We also have multiple small pack with varying BBE, so this would be very handy to be able to input manually at the end of racking.

2 Likes

Is there any update whether this will be introduced? It seems like a very simple option to allow manual input of BBE at the racking stage.

1 Like

I’m sure this will be introduced as it’s a great suggestion. Unfortunately, I don’t have a timescale available yet, but we’ll make sure to update you on this thread when we have an update :+1:

This would be really handy for us, too.

2 Likes

Is there any progress with this because it is causing issues with our products if someone forgets to manually adjust the BBE after racking and this effects our SALSA traceability which is an integral part of our food safety system.

It doesn’t seem like a difficult fix if there is already the option to adjust how many components (cans, bottles, caps, labels) were use at the point of racking. The code would be very similar

No work has started on this feature yet, but we have been working on a major update to how best before dates are calculated, which might remove the need for this feature to exist at all (and mean that it’s fully automated, so saving you time).

We’ll soon be launching the new best before feature and then we can review if there is still a need for this feature as well.

Thanks for the update Luke. I hope this update will be product specific and not container type specific (which is currently is) as this is what is causing the issue due to many products having different shelf-life.

1 Like

Please can we have this implemented soon. We determine our BBE’s ahead of time for each Gyle’s packaging run. All of our paperwork, labelling, date printer are set up on one date, and Breww auto-generating this in the background means we have to retroactively correct the date on every racking. Being able to manually input the BBE at the racking stage would resolve this (you let us do this when printing labels, which further confuses matters)

1 Like

We’re delighted to announce our new “best before date rules” feature is now live, which gives you far more control/flexibility over how Breww generates your best before dates.

You can find how this tool works at How to set your best before dates (or expiry dates).

Can you please confirm if you’d still like us to build the option to manually enter the best before date during the racking process? I’m sure this will be possible, but I wanted to check if that was still needed given the extra functionality that’s now available.

Hi Luke,

This update hasn’t solved the issue for us because these assume the BBE is from racking which isn’t always the case (for us anyway). I previously requested an option to manually add the BBE in at point of racking. This would be in the same window when Breww calculates wastage.

Surely this isn’t a difficult thing to add in. My comment in December explained that this is effecting our traceability which is crucial to our food safety system.

2 Likes

Hi Luke,

Yes please, it would still be helpful for us to have this option too - while the new tool is useful (and we’ve already implemented it :beers:), our main sticking point is pre-dated small pack labels, and often this just doesn’t line up with breww’s automatic dates (e.g. we’ve racked a day later than expected, or labels were ordered weeks in advance based on anticipated racking dates.etc). Then we need to remember to post-rack change the date, which is forgotten at times. The BBE on a label not corresponding with documentation (e.g. export situations) then causes additional hassle in the future.

3 Likes

Great news everyone :tada:

This feature is now live and ready to use! During the racking process, you’ll get the option to enter your own best before date to use. If this field is left blank, Breww will continue to auto-calculate the date for you (according to your rules).

We hope this saves you time :smile:

We’ve also included some improvements to how we handle racking into tracked casks/kegs that Breww didn’t think were empty. This was a common cause of mistakes - clicking through without reading exactly what was happening - so now you have to be more explicit that you’d like Breww to empty them (or not to).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.