Improve stock take to allow a web (non-CSV) based solution

Currently, the stock take “system” involves downloading a CSV file, changing values on this (or adding new lines) as required, then uploading the amended file.

Other softwares provide an actual interface for stocktaking.

Would be good for Breww to provide something like this.

9 Likes

Thanks, Jon, we completely agree this would be a big improvement.

We’ve been planning something like this for a while, so it’s great that you’ve put it forward here on the community so it can gain some votes :+1:

Very good.
:grinning:

1 Like

Any updates on this?
Having a mobile app for cycle counting/stocktake is pretty fundamental nowadays, and you can’t preform wall-to-wall breww counts on a mobile/tablet.

There’s no update to report on this yet. We’re working hard to improve Breww all the time, but with multiple requests coming in every day, it takes quite a bit of keeping up with!

If you haven’t already, please vote for this request, as this will help push it up the priory list too - use the button in the top-left (you may need to scroll to the top of the page).

We will always post an update on the thread if there’s been any news, so keep an eye on the thread for updates. You can also make sure you’re subscribed to notifications by using the :bell: button on the right of the thread.

For more information on how feature requests work and for help on voting and subscribing to updates, please see this guide:

Cheers!

One thing that would be nice in the interim would be to make it so that the CSV or Excel file is downloadable on mobile. Currently, on both android and iOS, it opens the file in a document viewer and there is no way to edit the content of the file, making a stock take impossible without a desktop computer.

If there is a way to do this that I am missing, please let me know! Cheers.

1 Like

Thanks, Ben.

Unfortunately, this isn’t a “quick fix” on our mobile app, so it’s not something I expect we would consider doing as an interim workaround, sorry. Especially given, we’re really keen to get to the “proper” feature here.

However, if you use Breww in your device’s native web browser (rather than our app), you should be able to save the CSV file and edit it in a suitable spreadsheet editing app. Can you give this a try and let us know how you get on? Thanks.

Thanks, Luke! Much appreciated, and I know it’s not a simple fix. I hadn’t considered using the website version of Breww, and that immediately solved my issue in the interim. Thank you for being such a responsive company!

1 Like

Good Afternoon,

It would be useful to be able to run stock takes for locations, this would allow managers to be able to keep an eye on the stock of their department better with out seeing all the other departments stock.

2 Likes

Having the ability to cycle count (as mentioned already) via the APP would be a great addition. Just being able to perform a stock take on any given item would be a huge plus.

2 Likes

Hey Lee, I’m sure you’ve figured out that you can do a stock adjustment for a single product via (Actions menu on) the product screen. I’ve tended to do a partial stock take starting from Products available and then onto the particular product. Would be better if there was a proper interface for this…

Hi there, yes, all good with stock adjustment, but thinking of a more official way of deducting stock. In a previous job, we would do cyclic counting and you could do none, one or 100 a day, whatever took your fancy but in an official way.

2 Likes