How do I see a weekly sales report?

Depending on exactly what is meant by weekly, there are a couple of useful reports to use here. Go to Reporting → Aggregate data report builder > Sales (orders/invoices). Here, you can set the “Date grouping” to “Week”, to view a graph of weekly sales in a time period, e.g. the last 12 months. You can see the total order value per week by hovering over the points on the graph.

If you would like to see a table of sales from the last 7 days, or since the last Monday for example, you can do this using the Sales report in the Raw data explorer tool. Go to Reporting > Raw data explorer > Sales (orders/invoices). Here, you can select which fields you require, e.g. value (Ex. VAT) and total (Inc. VAT), and apply a filter on the date. Click the ‘Add filter’ button, then pick the date you want to filter by, e.g. ‘Issue date’. Then type in ‘7 days ago’, or ‘Monday’, click OK, then fill out the next step as you wish.

You can save reports so that you only have to do the above steps once. Saving reports works best with relative dates (like 2 weeks ago), rather than specific dates (like 01/09/2021), otherwise you’d need to keep updating the date each time you load the saved report.

Hi Matt,

I have some issue getting a good report.

We have a weekly sales meeting on monday or tuesday and for it I would like to have a quick report of the week before (so monday to sunday the week before). As the day is not fixed I do not want to relate it to the particular meeting day.

How do I put these parameters in?

First of last week<->last of last week does not work right?

Hi Gijs,

The Aggregate data reports will allow you to select ‘Prior week’, but currently this isn’t possible with BrewwQL in the Raw data explorer. If there’s an Aggregate data report that you can use in this meeting then that will be the best route for you, otherwise, you’ll have to use a specific date, I’m afraid.
Thanks,
Matt

I want an overview of all specific sales, not a graph - why is this is a parameter in one report and not in another? It mines the same data.

And as “last month” is a value, why can’t “last week” be another?

You’d need to export the report to Excel to see the raw data.
The Raw data explorer was initially intented to be completely raw, with all manipulation done via BrewwQL. That way, we could put almost unlimited information into it without spending too long designing individual features and parameters, as that was for the aggregate reports and the pre-built reports.
Regarding ‘last month’ and ‘last week’, this is sadly a limitation of the 3rd party package we use to process the dates that are entered. They have a demo, which you may find useful to see what you can and can’t do.

Hi matt,
it is not quite right what you are saying:

“first of last month” & “last of last month” is possible in the BrewwQL (and mentioned by Luke here: Introduction to BrewwQL ) but not in recognised in that demo… maybe it is possible?

Hi Gijs,
Ah yes, you’re right. I didn’t realise but we do actually have some extra capability on top of the 3rd party package. At the moment that is just limited to ‘first/start’ & ‘last/end’ of ‘this/last’ month, though, but I’m sure we could add something similar to handle weeks in a similar fashion. I’ve created a feature request for this, here, you may want to give this a vote.
I hope this helps!