How can I change an order after it has been dispatched?

Once an order has been “invoiced” in Breww it cannot be modified. This is to ensure that “history is never rewritten” and your reports always stay accurate. At times this might feel like a pain, but there’s always another way to achieve what you’re looking to do and in time you’ll appreciate these restrictions for the confidence it gives you in your reports (and in an inspection, the VAT man will thank you too!).

Orders can be manually invoiced, or you can let Breww do this for you at the point of dispatch. Because of the restrictions that come in effect at the point an order is invoiced, we highly recommend not manually invoicing orders (although you can) and letting Breww handle this for you as part of the delivery process.

If the delivery has already been dispatched, you can return items using the Return items button on the delivery screen. When you return items, we keep a specific note that they’re duty paid and when you sell them again you won’t be charged duty a second time. Likewise, if you spoil them in future, we’ll make an automatic reclaim on your duty return.

If needed, you can raise a credit note in SalesCredit notes for some or all of the original value.

Morning all,
Has anyone got a good solution or method for what to do when… for example a cask has been assigned to an order and dispatched but is then returned pre delivery and replaced (lets say was sent out plastic and should have been metal).
We use the “Return Items” feature on the delivery screen however there is no obvious way to then assign a different container yet, the item is still on the original order so still needs delivering as we’re not crediting it we’re just delivering a different tracked container.

I tried placing a new zero value order and then assigning correct container to the new delivery but the automated e-mails still sent out a zero value invoice to the group (I had foolishly presumed as it was zero it wouldn’t send but it did… oops many apologies later!)
In my ideal situation I would be able to assign replacement container to the delivery, alternately I could see that may not reflect reality so understand the need for a second delivery, is there/could there be like with PO’s a deliver shortfall feature?

Has anyone else had this situation occur? We’ve had it 4 times now for different reasons. What do you suggest to do to keep things right?

Hi Claire, as this order has been dispatched and invoiced, this cask has passed the duty point, and therefore there are duty implications for the cask. Unfortunately, products can’t be unassigned on an order after this point, as the duty has already been accounted for.

I recommend continuing the way that you are currently operating by returning the cask to stock and then raising an order for Zero value and sending the new cask on a new invoice, as technically, this new invoice represents a different transaction of goods with a new duty amount for the new cask. Breww will remember the duty has already been paid on the cask that comes back. To stop the customer from getting an email invoice, you could temporarily mark their account as Never automatically send email invoices and then turn this back on after the order has been invoiced or completed (depending on your settings).