Creating customer & leads lists

Customer and leads lists are a great way of grouping customers and leads who fit into certain shared criteria. For example, this could be used to see all customers in a specific city, all customers with an average spend of over a certain amount, customers who have not ordered in the last 25 days, or a combination of multiple specific criteria. You can quickly view your customer lists from the Customers dashboard using the little drop-down field next to customers, and your leads list in LeadsViewLeads list again using the small drop-down located next to All leads.

To create a customer list, go to CustomersViewCustomer ListsCreate customer list.

Static lists (Applies to customers only)

Static lists are just that — unchanging. Unless you manually update them, your customer lists will not update when new criteria are met. They serve as a record of a group of customers or leads who met specific criteria at a certain time. Use the ‘Directly assigned customers’ field to choose from a list of your customers who should be statically assigned to the list and will always appear. Click save and your new static list is complete. You can revisit this list and edit it at any time.

Dynamic lists (Applies to customers and leads)

Dynamic lists constantly evolve as specific criteria are met. These updates can be tied to a number of things, like last order date, customers by location, average order value, unique tags, or a combination of these criteria. When new customers or leads meet the criteria defined by the BrewwQL filters, they automatically get added, and when they no longer meet the criteria associated with a dynamic list, they are removed.

To create a dynamic list, you’ll need to use BrewwQL to add dynamic filters either to a new customer or leads list or by editing an existing static customer list. You can use the ‘Add filter’ button to have Breww generate the BrewwQL code for you, or you can write it yourself.

You can quickly create new lists directly from the Customers dashboard by adding a BrewwQL filter and clicking the save button, or from the All leads page (LeadsViewLeads list)

Not familiar with BrewwQL? No problem, but you may want to take a read of our Introduction to BrewwQL article before getting started with making your dynamic customer list. There are some great examples of filters that you might find useful in that guide.

Hello,

My customer list that changes constantly. It does not update automatically if a tag is applied to a new customer. Please can you tell me if there is an automatic update, instead of me doing this manually?

Hi Claire,

I would need to look at your customer list, but you should absolutely be able to create a dynamic customer list using tags, as long as the tag is applied to the customer and the BrewwQL filter is set to tags = “Your tag name”. If you want to raise a support ticket, I would be happy to take a look for you.