Container Type - Type

Afternoon,

I’m creating IBC as a container type but I can’t find where to create a new type to sit beside Cask, Keg and Smallpack as it is none of these. Is there a way to create a “bulk” type?

Cheers

Hi Ben,

I’m afraid Breww doesn’t have a “Bulk” type at the moment, although we could definitely look to add one in the future! Currently it’s probably best to set-up an IBC as a vessel rather than a container type - is there a specific reason you would prefer it set-up as a container type instead? If so let us know and we might be able to help out with a good solution!

Thanks,
Max

I need to be able to put it on an invoice as it’s being canned elsewhere and then being shipped straight to the customer from there. We are only the brewing stage.

Hi Ben,

Oh sure! So in that situation I would probably recommend using the “Sent for off-site packaging” functionality in Production > Actions > Send for off-site packaging. There you can then specify the packager and the quantity in litres that you are sending for packaging. Once you know how much has been packaged (assuming they let you know before/once they ship it?) you can receive it back in Production > Actions > Receive from off-site packaging, and then invoice and deliver to where it needs to go.

Let me know if you think that will cover what you need here!

Thanks,
Max

1 Like