New Container Type - Type of "bulk" or "tank" or similar

Afternoon,

I’m creating IBC as a container type but I can’t find where to create a new type to sit beside Cask, Keg and Smallpack as it is none of these. Is there a way to create a “bulk” type?

Cheers

Hi Ben,

I’m afraid Breww doesn’t have a “Bulk” type at the moment, although we could definitely look to add one in the future! Currently it’s probably best to set-up an IBC as a vessel rather than a container type - is there a specific reason you would prefer it set-up as a container type instead? If so let us know and we might be able to help out with a good solution!

Thanks,
Max

I need to be able to put it on an invoice as it’s being canned elsewhere and then being shipped straight to the customer from there. We are only the brewing stage.

Hi Ben,

Oh sure! So in that situation I would probably recommend using the “Sent for off-site packaging” functionality in Production > Actions > Send for off-site packaging. There you can then specify the packager and the quantity in litres that you are sending for packaging. Once you know how much has been packaged (assuming they let you know before/once they ship it?) you can receive it back in Production > Actions > Receive from off-site packaging, and then invoice and deliver to where it needs to go.

Let me know if you think that will cover what you need here!

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

This. We send beer out via Tank Beer. It’s not a brewery vessel, so vessel seems inappropriate. (We do set up Arlingtons for off-site packaging as vessels, but this is a different thing.)

Currently I’m just setting up a container type (as a kind of ‘keg’ - which hurts my brain a bit).

1 Like

Thanks Jon, I’m sure we can look at adding this. I’ve moved this thread to the feature requests section so it can be voted for and tracked through to implementation. You’re right that using a keg is your best option for now.

I know we have other customers, who deliver serving tanks to venues and they currently use “keg” for this and would probably find “bulk” or similar a better name. For an item to be sold and delivered to a customer it needs to be in a “Container” as opposed to a “Vessel”, so that forces it down the Container Type route.

Has anyone solved how to do this. We need a IBC as a container which we are sending duty suspended.

It is to be invoiced so we cannot use a vessel or off site packaging as I understand it.

I think your best bet may still be to set up your IBC as a great big “keg”.

i.e. set up a suitable “container type” - then you can create as many IBC containers (returnable?) as you need.

1 Like

We have a similar requirement where we are sending beer in bulk. The tank will be delivered and sent away to the customer, duty paid. We will invoice beer £/L for what we transfer to the vessels (vessels are customer provided). The tanks may be partially filled depending on the yield we get. Not sure how to deal with that?

This should be able to be handled with a “really big keg” container type, as suggested further up in this thread. If you create the customer’s tanks as a “Container type” instead of “Vessels”, then you should be able to create a product for them and rack into their “kegs”. These “kegs” can then be sold and delivered, like any other product.

It’s also possible to create a “part-filled product” and rack into the part-filled product. This will allow you to handle the last bit after all the fully-filled containers have been racked. This needs to be created as a separate product and when you are racking into this product, Breww will prompt you for the volume that it was filled with, rather than the usual assumption that the container has been fully filled. There more on how this works at Best way to deal with 'part fill' containers? - #5 by max

I hope this covers what you need, but please do let us know if you need more help on this :smile: