Compare costs to produce batches of the same beer over time

Again maybe missing this, but would love to be able generate and export that compares cost of multiple batches of a same beer. As cost-price is very fluid at the moment this is important to keep track of instead of easily instead of diving deep into the cost reporting on batch level to extract the data

The values to select from would be:

Beer - batches/date range - yield/loss per batch - per batch/per container/per product cost - ingredient/packaging/duty cost - total cost

2 Likes

Unfortunately no answer. This could also be in the form of a custom generated report? but I can’t seem to select the correct fields in the raw data explorer

Sorry for not replying to you before. There isn’t a report currently to do this (and this data isn’t easily accessible in the Raw Data Explorer). As you’ve posted this here, it’s on the list now so we can look to add this in the future :+1:

thanks for the reply. It would really be helpful - as the constant fluctuating costs makes tracking this important to decide on price increases etc.

1 Like

I don’t want to nag - but this is still very high on my wishlist - I feel that I am constantly on a back foot monitoring price changes (in predictive as well as actual batch changes) - (early december/end january alone saw the costprice change with 2% here) which makes it more difficult than it should be to monitor changes and predict developments and associated price increases

2 Likes

Hi – I’m trying to figure out how I can run a report that would in essence give me a breakdown of COGS for a list of beer and gyles, broken down by product. I’m trying to get an understanding of how COGS changes over a series of batches where the yield fluctuates and pricing for raw materials changes.

Does something like this exist? Or is it possible to create?

The only place you can currently see packaged beer COGS per batch is on the batch cost report, found by going to an individual batch’s page and clicking Reports > Cost report. Our normal Packaged beer COGS report isn’t broken down by batch. It’s not possible to get the COGS through on a custom report at the moment, I’m afraid.

This would be a useful report for analyzing how COGS changes over time to help inform pricing decisions.

It sure would be. I’ve converted this thread into a feature request for you. Be sure to give it a vote!

Edit: I’ve merged this request into an existing request. Thanks Gijs!

1 Like

I requested this as well elsewhere:

1 Like

Any update on this? I really need to see this information in a better way than having to go into every single batch of beer to extract it.

There’s no update to report on this yet. We’re working hard to improve Breww all the time, but with multiple requests coming in every day, it takes quite a bit of keeping up with!

We will always post an update on the thread if there’s been any news, so keep an eye on the thread for updates. You can also make sure you’re subscribed to notifications by using the :bell: button on the right of the thread.

For more information on how feature requests work and for help on voting and subscribing to updates, please see this guide:

Cheers!

Please can there be a report made or that I can adapt from raw data to show us the costs for each batch (pre racking), so we can see the cost increases as a sliding scale over a custom period, lets say also with filters by recipe or just all the raw data so I can do filtering in excel.

I know you can go into each batch individually and see the cost figure but I’m talking about a report on all batches so we can see total batch cost fluctuations over time rather than comparing snapshots of different single batches which may be packaged differently or have adhoc costs.

It would also be interesting to see this report at batch level data in a table/chart post pack to see the general % trends.

This info would all help with pricing decisions linked accurately to cost inflations.
It might already be there but I cannot find/build it.
Cheers

1 Like

Thanks, Claire. I’ve merged your request with another thread for the same report. Please don’t forget to vote too :smile:

1 Like

Any update on this? This is basic information needed in order to analyze costs over a time period. It looks like a few of us have been asking for something like this for a while now.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but there’s no update to report on this yet. We’ve been busy working on other requests, but we do hope to get to this in the future.

Please see How do I know if there’s been an update on a feature request?

Thank you :smile: