Cash on delivery shown in delivery app & record payment as taken from the app

Hi
Would be great if a customer is marked down as cash on delivery that this was flagged to the driver in the delivery app screen when they are marking the order as delivered
Thanks
John

1 Like

Hi John,

Thanks for the suggestion here, that would be a great addition. We should also add the ability to record payments from the app, which we’re hoping to get to at some point.
I’ll keep you updated.

Cheers,
Matt

3 posts were split to a new topic: Allow adding ad-hoc stock items to a delivery that are not part of the original order

Payment on delivery
Once a delivery has been completed, the driver can record that they have received payment (cash or otherwise). This will be recorded against the order and delivery (and synced to your accounting platform if you use one of our partners). We have a report to allow easy payment reconciliation once a delivery driver has returned to the brewery.’

In the Breww Android App, I can’t see an option to record that I have accepted cash on delivery.
Can someone explain how to do this?

Ideally I’d like to note down how much cash has been paid is this an option at all?

Thanks for the question, Patrick.

You’re right that recording a cash payment on delivery can only be done from the website version of Breww at the moment and not on the mobile app. As a workaround, you can (on the mobile app), click the “View PDF/on web” button and then select “Delivery on web” and you’ll be taken to the website version of the delivery to add the payment.

As your suggestion of being able to do this directly on the mobile app would be a great addition, I’ve moved your question into our feature requests section, so this can be voted for and tracked through to implementation. Cheers!

This could go hand-in-hand with Cash on delivery shown in delivery app & record payment as taken from the app

1 Like

Hi Luke,

I was going to add a feature request for this before finding this thread existed.

It would be very handy if we can mark an order as paid at the point of collection/delivery.

Our drayman has asked us if there is a way for us to get this feature available, and similarly it would really help our accounts department.

Having been a recent migrator from Brewman, this was a great feature on their distribution app which he was used to.

I would be more than happy to send screenshot examples of how they handled this.

1 Like

Same, ill go vote for it now @luke

1 Like

Hi Breww, is there any update on this feature being rolled out?

Thanks!

1 Like

@bbm-360 not yet, but as this is picking up more votes all the time, it is moving up the priority list :+1:

We will make sure to update you here when this does get done.

Hey Luke,

Is there any lead time update on this feature?

There’s no update to report on this yet. We’re working hard to improve Breww all the time, but with multiple requests coming in every day, it takes quite a bit of keeping up with!

If you haven’t already, please vote for this request, as this will help push it up the priory list too - use the button in the top-left (you may need to scroll to the top of the page).

We will always post an update on the thread if there’s been any news, so keep an eye on the thread for updates. You can also make sure you’re subscribed to notifications by using the :bell: button on the right of the thread.

For more information on how feature requests work and for help on voting and subscribing to updates, please see this guide:

Cheers!

Hi John, this is a great idea as here in Oregon USA we are what we call a Liquor controlled state (and there are a number of these in the USA) so we have to do sales as Cash On Delivery.
It is illegal to leave/give free alcohol to anyone including stores and this drives us to either having to do Cash On Delivery sales, or join a special group at a $500 a year cost to join and % of every transaction in order to sell/distribute our beers. So unless your doing large volumes it is not worth doing other than COD.

1 Like