Calculated ABV on merged batches & OG on multi-turn batches

When you merge batches together, it could be helpful to calculate the resulting ABV automatically.

This should also be done with multi-turn batches.

4 Likes

This would be fantastic. It would also be very helpful when adding volume to batches, we add fruits for sours and lemonade for shandys and it would be helpful if brew could calculate the ABV post addition. At the moment we use a spreadsheet for all the calculations.

3 Likes

I would find this really useful and I requested this feature a while ago.

https://community.breww.com/t/automatically-calculating-combined-original-gravity-when-blending-batches/1225

3 Likes

I regularly double brew or blend into the same vessel or tanker to create a single beer.

It would be really useful if Breww took the OG and volume of batch a and of batch b to automatically work out the new combined OG and then from there the new ABV.

4 Likes

Thanks for letting me know, Ben. Sorry, I didn’t see your original post! I’ve merged the two posts now (and the votes).

2 Likes

https://community.breww.com/t/multi-turn-auto-gravity-calculations/1825?u=adreac-fitter

Ben just showed me this topic is already going but I to agree this would be a great feature.

2 Likes

Hi guys. I have just moved from Ekos to Breww. Whilst Breww’s new multi turn batch is awesome I was hoping that it would display the all in FV gravity by calculating the finishing gravity’s and volume’s of each turn like Ekos dose. Im hoping this would be something that interests people?

4 Likes

Seems similar to this suggestion:

2 Likes

Yes its pretty much what you asked for in the thread (which I didn’t see). I agree almost every brewery runs on multi turn batches to fill an FV. It would be handy to have a transfer gravity input along with the volume input for Breww to then calculate the total gravity based of the gravs and volume of each turn.

I will jump in on that thread and see if that helps it get developed. Cheers for showing me!

2 Likes

Thanks @adreac-fitter and @ben-march, I’ll merge this thread with the other thread to combine the votes, as like you suggest they’re highly related :+1:

2 Likes

@luke Any chance we could get this thread shared in the community summary email to see if we could get more traction with this?

2 Likes

This is a great idea, but these emails are generated automatically by the software we use to run our community, so we don’t have control over which threads are included in these emails, sorry!

2 Likes

Any updates on the progress of this thread? Were about to commission 7x more tanks that will require multi-turn batches to fill. It would be amazing to be able to have this functionality added to Breww.

2 Likes

There’s no update to report on this yet. We’re working hard to improve Breww all the time, but with multiple requests coming in every day, it takes quite a bit of keeping up with!

If you haven’t already, please vote for this request, as this will help push it up the priory list too - use the button in the top-left (you may need to scroll to the top of the page).

We will always post an update on the thread if there’s been any news, so keep an eye on the thread for updates. You can also make sure you’re subscribed to notifications by using the :bell: button on the right of the thread.

For more information on how feature requests work and for help on voting and subscribing to updates, please see this guide:

Cheers!

1 Like

21 votes already. Not sure how many needed to get some useful functionality implemented. Can we share this thread with some other brewers on Breww somehow?

3 Likes

I think just chatting in the thread brings the topic to the top of the pile which may get it featured in the email.

3 Likes

Then chat I shall!

Considering this is a pretty standard and frequent brewing activity, I don’t see why it isn’t a priority to get rolling. Without basic functions like this, I’m currently utilizing a combination of Excel spreadsheets, my old brewing software and then Breww for stock management.

Whilst Breww is great for logistics, sales, racking etc… The recipe/brewing functionality is lacking heavily.

2 Likes

True. we are doing basic calculations to get our SG. We moved from ekos and whilst I think Breww dose so much better in so many areas, it makes no sense it doesn’t have this function which ekos dose so easily.

3 Likes

It’s just a matter of time. This will come to Breww, but adding a feature like this isn’t a small job, and we don’t have unlimited development resources. We’re a small growing team and our current development rate is faster than ever before, but with over 900 feature requests in the last two years, keeping up is an ongoing battle.

Please keep the votes coming in if this is something important to you, as this will help move it up the priority list. Cheers :beers:

1 Like

Considering this function has the second highest amount of votes this year (according to the community Ideas and features request by year) I can’t see why it’s not a priority.

I (and probably we) can understand you may have a small development team, but this is very basic recipe functionality.

Just a matter of time is pretty vague. August 2022 was when this thread first started. If there’s another year of waiting, you’ll probably see users running to the competition.

Just a thought.

2 Likes