(Automatically) Add ingredients/process aids/stock items during transfers between vessels & from brewing system

When we move beer into holding tanks prior to small pack packaging we typically add a number of process aids. We purge with co2, add tank finnings, ascorbic acid and other stability aids. At the moment on Breww we have to manually add each of these as ingredients eveytime we move into a tank (unless im missing something). however its pretty much the same thing every time (on a per litre basis). it would be useful if there was a way to automate addition at specific stages.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the suggestion here!

I can see the benefits in this so if anyone would like to see this in Breww, please vote for the feature using the button above. I will make sure to let you know if there are any updates on this.

Hi guys, I’ve seen there are multiple threads for the same requests.
(there’s a sep 23 one as well).
Can these (and the votes) be merged?

1 Like

Thanks for highlighting this, Alexis. You’re right, this was my mistake as I should have noticed these duplicates and merged them. I’ll merge them in below now :+1:

1 Like

When we transfer we often add finings to the tanks. it would be great to have a section on the transfer page for adding any ingredients or finings.

2 Likes

During transfer to vessel consumables like filter socks and sheets are used and there is currently no way to trigger those being consumed from inventory. Could this be added so that we have better control of this type of inventory item? Currently you can add that a piece of equipment has been added, presumably to trigger a cleaning record.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, Hazel, this makes complete sense and I’m sure we can add this.

And, you’re right that the choosing of equipment is to log the equipment was used and trigger cleaning records when required :+1:

1 Like

I should have said before that until we add this into the transfer process, you can retrospectively add the inventory used. After completing the transfer, go to the “Ingredients” tab and use the “Add other” button in the top left of the tab. You can choose the stock item used and link this to the transfer action for cost reporting purposes. If you’ve any questions on this, please let me know.

We will, of course, still look to add this to the main transfer process as that would be a good improvement.

1 Like

Hi Luke
Just wondering if this is being considered in a wider view. We really need something where by inventory items used in a process can be assigned to the process rather than the product. Filter sheets are a good example. They cannot be associated to the bottle like a cap can because we use 20 sheets whether we filter 20 bottles or 1000 bottles. Therefore it really needs to be associated to the action of packaging. If we could associate equipment and stock items when setting up the packaging on a particular gyle this would help hugely as it would also be picked up in pre brew stock checks
Cheers
John

2 Likes

Yes, I think that’s important. I think there are two separate things here:

1. You should be able to pick stock items used in a transfer action.
  2. I really like your previous idea of Definable actions - e.g. filtering even though it’s not picked up any votes yet :laughing: This is an example of a task that we consider more important than what the votes suggest as we think it deserves more votes than it has.

We feel there should be more comprehensive options for customising your own actions, while some actions will remain built into the core of Breww (such as transferring), therefore transferring would need updating to allow logging the use of stock items, much like you can do with racking already. In addition to a separate project for defining your own actions would be great.