Allocating ingredients for planned batches

Hi,

I can’t seem to find a way to allocate ingredients to batches yet to be brewed. I can start a single batch and allocate its ingredients but it then occupies my brewhouse, thus preventing me from “starting” any future batches.

I have planned 3 or 4 batches in the future but currently there is no way of checking stock without manually cross-referencing from the brew sheet to the inventory. Is there a way to allocate ingredients to these future batches without having the move the “current” brewhouse batch to a vessel? It’d be very useful to know if I’m going to run out of an ingredient on a future batch, and so being able to order it in due time.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the message and welcome to the community!

It’s not possible to assign the ingredients to a batch before you start it, but you can use our Pre-brew Stock Check feature to see what you’re looking for. If you go to Production > Actions > Pre-brew Stock Check, then you can choose a future date and Breww will go through your planned batches and any planned purchase orders/inventory receipts to predict how much stock you’ll have and highlight anything that you’ll be short on. The tool will also show by how much you’ll be short on, and very soon we’ll be adding a new feature to generate a purchase order directly from the tool for the stock shortfall.

If you’re wondering if you can do another batch before adding it as a planned batch, you can even add it here in the pre-brew stock check, and make sure you have what you need before creating it as a planned batch.

I hope this covers what you need, but if not, please do let us know. Cheers,

Luke

Hi,

This has solved my problem, thanks for your quick reply and help! I just didn’t look closely enough at all the options, sorry!

Thanks

Matt

1 Like

Hi Matt - if you’re still interested in pre-allocating ingredients to a planned batch, that feature has now been launched :tada:

1 Like